[Foundation-l] Rethinking fundraising (2): Storytelling

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 5 00:15:05 UTC 2007

On 10/2/07, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Two items that may be of interest to you:
> * ComProj has been working on something like this for some time. <
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communication_Projects_Group/Success_stories_-_how_has_Wikimedia_changed_your_life%3F

Yep, I'm aware of that. Think of my posts on this topic as a sort of
parallel analytical thread.

On a practical level: I'm not a big friend of OTRS but it might be
wise to use e-mail to solicit this kind of material -- people are
comfortable with it. If not that, I believe a friendlier web
submission form is needed. We'll also want people to write who are
primarily "consumers" of Wikipedia and may have never even seen an
edit form.

--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik