[Foundation-l] university blocking wikipedia

Terin Stock terin.stock at wikinewsie.org
Wed Oct 3 19:56:05 UTC 2007

Correct. Although you say we're discussing wither Wikipedia is blocked
from Palm Beach County Network, this is actually incorrect, because
technicially we're talking about *universities* blocking wikipedia (and
I hijacked the thread, I'm sorry)

That said, I was actually wrong, the correct/current category for
Wikipedia is "Reference", which may be better or worse, depending on
your standpoint.

I took a screenshot from one of the very few Macs on the network (most
of the computers are the, you guess it, cheapo Dells):
http://wikinewsie.org/terinjokes/Picture%201.png .

An email was sent out today explaining that Google-related sites (expect
  Search) were not going to be unbanned, as they allow access to YouTube
and other banned sites (ah... sure, where in Google Docs & Spreadsheets
is that?)