[Foundation-l] Language Prevention Committee created

Arbeo M arbeo.wiki at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:51:39 UTC 2007

2007/3/28, Sabine Cretella <sabine_cretella at yahoo.it>:

> Thank God there is no such thing as a language prevention committe ...
> they would have quite a bunch of problems with me and my colleagues. Or
> was there one created lately I did not know of? whoops ... that must
> then have happened while I was around to talk aobut languages and Open
> Source and Open Content in universities ... well... probably it is
> better to believe that some people are day dreaming and simply see
> things that are not there.
>
> /me veeery ironic
>
> Sabine

Sabine, in previous contexts we've been able to see that you _are_ an
advocate of multilingualism. But please be realistic and check out what
_tangible_ results your committee (which I'm sure was created with the best
of intensions, no irony here) has brought about in the recent four and a
half months. As far as I can see the only outcome in terms of new wikis is
one French Wikiquote (French not exactly being a "new language"). IMHO, the
subcommittee should shift its focus from theory to producing actual results
now, for the sake of those who cannot yet benefit from the great things we
have to offer. Wouldn't that be a more rewarding experience to the langcom
members, too?

Regards,
--Arbeo