[Foundation-l] Sigh, problems with non-Latin usernames again

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 08:45:40 UTC 2007

Delirium schreef:
> GerardM wrote:
>
>> According to the definition on the English Wikipedia, this is discrimination
>> pure and simple. It is an horrible idea. I am disgusted by it.
>>

> Did you read the definition on the English Wikipedia?  A requirement
> that people on the Chinese encyclopedia use Chinese characters is not
> "discrimination", but a requirement perfectly germane to the topic, much
> like it is not "discrimination" to allow only people with MDs to
> practice medicine.
>
> -Mark
Hoi,
What the article on discrimination says is quite brief and does not
include the rationalisation that you refer to. The type of
discrimination that only has MDs practice medicine is one that I would
suggest is one that saves lives. Not all discrimination is bad. This
proposal however is.
Thanks,
    GerardM

    Language discrimination

People are sometimes subjected to different treatment because their
preferred language <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language> is associated
with a particular group, class or category. Commonly, the preferred
language is just another attribute
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attribute> of separate ethnic groups
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group>.