[Foundation-l] Latest board resolutions

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jul 29 07:30:44 UTC 2006

mboverload wrote:

>I'm just not comfortable with leasing period.
>
>I find Wikipedia to be too important to leave in anyone's hands other than
>the immediate foundation.  A company that leases servers may easily give in
>to legal challenges or other backhanded threats. We'd have to have legal
>advice about how this would effect the lawsuit situation and consider what
>we would be giving up.

Leasing does not necesarily mean going through an existing for-profit
leasing company.  Many of them would certainly give cause to your
discomfort.  A totally new company established for the purpose of
leasing back the hardware would do just fine.  Whatever contractual
arrangements are made could reflect the values of the community and a
break even business plan.

Ec