[Foundation-l] Reporting & communication (was: Wolf Mountain MediaWiki Appliances Released)

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 07:37:22 UTC 2006

Hi!

> And although you might disagree, I have no reason you are not Hardware
> Officer either. I know Delphine calls herself "the former" Chapter
> Officer (and now Chair of LCCom). Danny thinks himself GrO still,
> Elian resigned, as for other officers, I have no clue.

Right now tech. committee has the authority (even more of that!) than
I did before.
I still handle the work of 'hardware officer', but I guess I did that
before we even invented officers.
And if you want formal hierarchy, then I guess Brion is our chairman ;-)

> Related to a certain website, I would like to know the exact contact
> Wikimedia Officers or their successors concerning updates of reports
> from each field. Is there any latest chart of the Wikimedia Foundation
> Organisation?

I'm sure those reports might be called quite voluntary - at least I
did them before to describe our activities (then someone thought it
was good idea to use them as semi-official documents).

> Or we can say "the officers are still in office, unless
> they resigned"

Or we can say - we have community of nice guys who do stuff. Titles
are nice, but they're not tags that make us act in some specific
ways. :)

> Um, however, as for Hardware, I think we need to argue with whom and
> on what a comcom member should talk to get a new update? <g>

We already discussed that, didn't we? :)

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]