[Foundation-l] Wolf Mountain MediaWiki Appliances Released

Jeffrey V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Thu Jul 27 00:44:45 UTC 2006

Lars Aronsson wrote:

>Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:
>

>>Disagree. I've talked to a lot of organizatons and groups who
>>love WMF content but want to filter it for in-house use similiar
>>to CleanFlix. Most educational facilities and religious groups
>>who really love wikipedia want a "clean" version of the content,
>>with most of the sexual revolution/pro-alternate lifestyle
>>propoganda materials removed from the dumps.
>>

>You're confusing the issue.  Those groups *don't* love Wikipedia.
>We're not here to accomodate and please.

It sounds like you are not here to accomodate and please, but I doubt
this reflects
everyones views.

>Just consider the "conservative group" in Germany only 70 years
>ago that didn't want all this "propaganda" for interracial
>marriage, etc.  How would you adopt Wikipedia to suit them?

Since I am married to a German Citizen I can answer that. I am not
adapting it
to serve anyone, I simply provide filtering mechanisms they can use to
filter the dumps.
That's up to the users, not me. I personally don't care what's in it.

Jeff