[Foundation-l] Wolf Mountain MediaWiki Appliances Released

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed Jul 26 23:56:39 UTC 2006

Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

> Disagree. I've talked to a lot of organizatons and groups who
> love WMF content but want to filter it for in-house use similiar
> to CleanFlix. Most educational facilities and religious groups
> who really love wikipedia want a "clean" version of the content,
> with most of the sexual revolution/pro-alternate lifestyle
> propoganda materials removed from the dumps.

You're confusing the issue.  Those groups *don't* love Wikipedia.
We're not here to accomodate and please.

Just consider the "conservative group" in Germany only 70 years
ago that didn't want all this "propaganda" for interracial
marriage, etc.  How would you adopt Wikipedia to suit them?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)