[Foundation-l] Latest board resolutions

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue Jul 25 18:33:03 UTC 2006

GerardM wrote:

>Hoi Jeff,
>WiktionaryZ aims to eat very much it's own dogfood. When there is a good
>localisation done for MediaWiki and when this is maintained, you have all
>the core stuff. The rest is a matter of making sure that WiktionaryZ will
>have translations for the DefinedMeanings that will be used for the labels
>that will eventually be used.
>
>The words that will be used are things like language names, linguistic
>terminology like noun, verb etc.
>
>Yes, we aim to support all languages. The Neapolitan language and the
>Lombard language is already supported because of the interest we have for
>Italian minor languages. Cherokee and Uto-Aztecan are also welcome.. Adding
>languages is at this stage something that a developer has to do. When there
>is an interface so that we can easily add more languages, we will once some
>criteria have been met. One thing we need is work done on the localisation
>of MediaWiki.
>
>Thanks,
>    GerardM

OK. I think I understand, so Where is a language file for Wikiversity
and Wikibooks I can get for
MediaWiki 7.1 and start translating. I believe Erik said it was not
ready for general release -- this being said,
I would like to make some progress in getting Wikigadugi Wikibooks setup.

Let me know.

Thanks

Jeff