[Foundation-l] Latest board resolutions

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 17:22:45 UTC 2006

Hoi,
The question if WiktionaryZ will replace Wiktionary, is very much a question
that you have to ask to the members of the Wiktionary communities AND to the
Wiktionary communities themselves. At this stage there is no way that
WiktionaryZ can replace any Wiktionary; we just do not have the desired
functionality yet. As far as WiktionaryZ is concerned, the Wiktionary
projects will exist as long as people are interested in maintaining them.

The functionality we do have in WiktionaryZ is already quite powerful. You
can consider an Expression as a focus of looking at the data of a
DefinedMeaning. When an error exists in the existing content, this error can
be fixed and it will be correct when seen from ANY of the other related
Expressions.

It is also really nice to see how much new content has already been created,
http://wiktionaryz.org/Portal:eng/List_of_1000_basic_English_words gives you
some idea .. The number of languages that we support is not big but it is
growing.. We are currently looking for people interested in Russian,
Japanese and Bulgarian to name a few .. or Slovenian, Slovak and Finnish to
name a few more :)

Thanks,
    GerardM