[Foundation-l] Update on ombudsman issue

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 01:37:12 UTC 2006

On 7/21/06, Essjay <essjaywiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oldak Quill wrote:
> >> I may have been mislead on this (not a good situation for the bureaucrat
> >> doing 95% of the namechanges on en.wiki) but my understanding is that
> >> en.wiki does not permit forced name changes.

I thought it just required an RfC to change a name, not an arbitration case.

Anyway, unless the users Wikimedia's ombudspeople are going to use
that account, I don't see a reason to change it, and I wasn't aware of
any plan for those people to have a role account. They can do until
their own usernames. Also, the position is specifically for
"ombudsperson checkuser", so "ombudsman" would be too general and
could give the impression they're an ombudsperson for all activities
on the wiki, not just for the checkuser role.

Angela.