[Foundation-l] Requests to use the foundations' trademarks/logos.

Jack jackdt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 11:59:46 UTC 2006

> I remember a similar request from 2004 during the Tsunami (okay, the
> actual request should have been from january-february 2005) from the
> US LOC for a collection about this.  Maybe someone is able to find the
> ticket and how we reacted to this. As far as I am concerned, their
> request is fine and I consider it a shame that libraries are requested
> to ask for this to preserve the cultural heritage, no matter if it is
> on dead trees or on a DVD.

I found a ticket where Jimmy forwarded the request for
<http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Pablo_II> to OTRS (ticket 119314),
but the ticket doesn't include the permission. According to the email,
Jimmy  gave permission for <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope> on
2005-04-13 by email (not thru OTRS).

This request <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfur_conflict> was also
forwarded by Jimmy to OTRS.

> As far as I'm aware the board needs to explicitely approve any use of
> their logos. Last time it was asked for on IRC, Angela directed the
> user to drop a line to board at wikimedia.org, so it might be sensible to
> forward that to there.
> -- Sean Whitton

I've forwarded it there, thanks. That was my first thought, but Jimbo
forwarded it to OTRS, so I tried juriwiki-l (no response yet) before
asking here.
--
Jeandré