[Foundation-l] Quran in Sitenotice

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Jul 13 21:54:32 UTC 2006

Oldak Quill wrote:
> I think a quote from Jimbo would be inappropriate. If there are angry
> reactions, there is no reason for Jimbo to be the target of their
> anger. It was not he who raised the issue initially. Afterall, the
> foundation should be able to function with or without Jimbo (he does a
> priceless, invaluable job and is very good at it, but the foundation
> is a seperate entity). I don't think every decision relating to, or
> by, the Foundation should be supplied with a quote by Jimbo. Let it
> stand on its own two feet.

Well, unless Brad does in in an official capacity, or I do it in an
official capacity, or a board member does it, or the board votes, or
Danny does it per instructions of one or more of the prior, or.... then
it is not a decision "of the foundation" and should not be presented as
such.

As it stands, I think it is a community matter, not a foundation matter,
and as such I think it is perfectly fine to quote me on it to that
effect.  If the foundation wants to do something, it can.

If there are angry reactions, it is ok with me if people get mad at me.
 That is part of my job, to serve as the brunt of people's anger. :)

--Jimbo