[Foundation-l] Quran in Sitenotice

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 13:13:28 UTC 2006

On 7/13/06, Sean Whitton <sean at silentflame.com> wrote:
> Does the benefit Fred suggests outweight the possible problems, which
> are huge to me. Loads of things could go wrong or be misunderstood,
> and I wouldn't want people to be put off contributing to the Urdu
> 'pedia by this. Communication is a priority here.

Right. If there was a text on a page for admins where it is written
"Even Quran says you should behave so and so", okay, I wouldn't bother
that much. But distributing it via Sitenotice, and so flagging it
"official" (remember, visitors do not know that these sitenotice is
editable by admins, they could think that it is an official statement
of e.g. WMF) is quite another thing imho