[Foundation-l] Wikibooks 3-year anniversary

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Tue Jul 11 13:34:58 UTC 2006

The Wikibooks community has decided to "publish" an annual report of the
activities of the project as a part of a formal report to the Wikimedia
community at large, and to the Wikimedia Foundation board of trustees in
particular.

Yesterday (July 10th) was the 3-year anniversary since
http://textbooks.wikipedia.org/ was first started and the first content
was added to what is now the Wikibooks project.  There have been some
signficant milestones which have been met, and some very interesting
projects that have been going on.

For the full report, please see:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:State_of_the_Project/2006

We tried to include other languages as best as we could, but the
communication between the various language Wikibooks projects is
unfortunately spotty at best.

Thanks to all of the participants who have helped make Wikibooks what it
is today.

--
Robert Scott Horning