[Foundation-l] The Perl Wiki, or Perl-Wikipedia

Eric R. Meyers ermeyers at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 5 21:48:52 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 17:24, geni wrote:
> Closest would be the wikibooks thing. Other than that you would be
> looking to start a completely new project which is unlikely to work
> too well.

I didn't actually expect negativity towards what I believe will be a good
thing.  The immediate first impressions have brought reactions about
copyright and trademark violations, but I'm not here to steal.  I'm here to
use and emulate a very good thing.  I absolutely agree with you that part of
the solution will be a multitude of references to Wikibooks, but another part
of it will likely be Wikipedia-like encyclopedic topical references, and the
other Wikimedia components, which I will be investigating tonight.

Why would a completely new project be "unlikely to work too well?"

What is it that you are seeing that will limit me to just using Wikibooks?

Thanks,

Eric