[Foundation-l] The Perl Wiki, or Perl-Wikipedia

Eric R. Meyers ermeyers at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 5 20:32:06 UTC 2006

Hi James and Geni,

On 7/5/06, James Hare wrote:

> If you were to go through with this wiki, you aren't allowed to call it
> Perl-Wikipedia, seeing as "Wikipedia" is a registered trademark.

This was only my initial statement, expressing my personal opinion to the best
of my ability.  I personally envision it as Perl-Wikipedia, a merger of two
things that I strongly believe in, but "The Perl Wiki" would not be named
Perl-Wikipedia without The Wikimedia Foundation fully agreeing with the
project, after a good discussion which has only just begun.  I'm here to
investigate and discuss good ideas, and I know that I came to the right place
to do that.

On 7/5/06, geni wrote:

> There is a perl wikibook:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Perl

Good pointer, I'll have to look at all of the other Wikimedia content.  I'm
used to the encyclopedia which I refer to frequently, and I'll have to look
at the Wikibook as part of the total solution for what I'm trying to get.
Like I said, I know that I came to the right place.

Thanks,

Eric