[Foundation-l] [Election] Big season of translation, we have now close to 20 candidates!

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 21:53:16 UTC 2006

Hello,

> No I'm pointing out that something that was advertised through
> [[MediaWiki:Watchdetails]] ended up with more than 3 times as many
> candidates and something that was advertised through banner ads on
> every single project. This provides further evidence that
> [[MediaWiki:Watchdetails]] is a perfectaly adiquate method for
> advertising things.

I deliberately put aside the debate on which notice should be used. I have
my own point of view about this, but I don't have the time to split hairs.

This said, I don't really understand how you can compare the Board election
and the ArbCom one. We are talking about completely different positions.
Being an arbitrator has nothing to do with being a Board member, so
comparing the number of candidacies of these two elections seems completely
irrelevant to me.

g.

--
Guillaume Paumier