[Foundation-l] [Election] Big season of translation, we have now close to 20 candidates!

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:56:05 UTC 2006

On 8/29/06, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/29/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/29/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So less than a third of the total who ran in en.wikipedia's arbcom
> > > elections. Are people now going to accept that
> > > [[MediaWiki:Watchdetails]] provides enough profile for this kind of
> > > notice?
> >
> > By your logic we would conclude that a watchlist only site notice gets
> > higher visability than the system wide one.
>
> I believe Geni's logic is that there are fewer people in the Board
> election than in the ArbCom election, and thus that the interest in
> the latter is greater than in the former, justifying a less prominent
> notice.
>
> At least I think that's the logic...

No I'm pointing out that something that was advertised through
[[MediaWiki:Watchdetails]] ended up with more than 3 times as many
candidates and something that was advertised through banner ads on
every single project. This provides further evidence that
[[MediaWiki:Watchdetails]] is a perfectaly adiquate method for
advertising things.

Incerdentaly for those following this it is now 69 days since there
was 24 hours without something in [[mediawiki:Sitenotice]].

--
geni