[Foundation-l] WMF Approval of New Languages/Projects

Daniel Bregman dbmag9 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 10:21:03 UTC 2006

Over at Incubator we've been deciding our policy with regard to
starting new language (of an existing project) tests, and new project
tests.
We've come up with this:

   - New languages can create a test on Incubator quite easily, needing
   only to get a few people who will help. (
   http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/I:NTR)
   - New
   languages can create a full wiki using an approval process on
Incubator, and it will be made (or not) after consensus
   has been reached. (http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/I:NLR)
   - New projects will need approval from the foundation to have a test
   made, and then need further approval to make a full wiki.

Is this acceptable? We are also not sure about what exactly the Foundation
needs to approve. Views we got previously seemed to be slightly
contradictory on this matter.

Thank you for your replies,

Dbmag9 (http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Dbmag9)

   -