[Foundation-l] Celebrity pictures

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 23:53:49 UTC 2006

Generally speaking, I am a weak defender of the use of copyrighted pictures
of living people (except when there's a freebie available) because I don't
think they have the time to have a picture of themselves taken so it can be
used on Wikipedia. (Don't hit me back with semantics -- I know it would be
usable for more than Wikipedia.)

However, I do believe we should be persuing an active effort to obtain
free-use photographs of living people wherever possible. I'm talking about
an effort at the Foundation level.