[Foundation-l] Board election notice on the English Wikipedia

habj sweetadelaide at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 02:08:48 UTC 2006

2006/8/21, Oleg Alexandrov <aoleg at math.ucla.edu>:

> I beg your pardon, "Established users don't read the crap on watchlists
> anymore"?  Perhaps a few editors ignore their watchlist, but unless you
> don't
> want to be kept updated with changes to articles, or unless you are
> technically
> proficient enough to use an alternative to watchlists for tracking changes
> (few
> do that), the watchlist is still the way things are done.

IMHO "the way things are done" can not be defined. Users come in many
flavours. Take me as an example: I very seldom check my watchlist any more.
I did, but... things change over time. Moreover, I do not find the
sitenotice disturbing. Actually, it can be there for a couple of days
without me noticing it.

For those who are disturbed by the sitenotice: maybe there is a way of
making it show less, by editing one's css?

/habj