[Foundation-l] Board election notice on the English Wikipedia

Oleg Alexandrov aoleg at math.ucla.edu
Mon Aug 21 17:14:44 UTC 2006

> What effeitsanders means is that no-one reads the intro text.
> Everybody knows what it says, and don't need to read it every time
> they view the page.

But that applies to any article page then. So you end up with the board
election notice being a piece of text which shows up all over the place all the
time, and is either ignored or percieved as an annoying advertisement.

And most importantly, the election notice is NOT relevant in the article
namespace.  Yes, ultimately the board is what governs Wikipedia, but putting an
advertisement about it all over the place strikes me as self-centered.

Oleg Alexandrov