[Foundation-l] Foundation's position on non-free images

valdelli at bluemail.ch valdelli at bluemail.ch
Thu Aug 17 08:34:45 UTC 2006

If you upload images in Commons you follow rules established for
Commons and used in any countries. If you upload images in Hungarian
Wikipedia you use hungarian law and these images could be used only
for hungarian side of Wikipedia.

For example the italian law allows the use of screenshot of films
but with limited use, since this is only an italian law these images
are uploaded only in Italian database and not in Commons.

Ilario