[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2007 - get ready for the third edition.

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Wed Aug 16 17:49:17 UTC 2006

Kelly Martin wrote:

>On 8/16/06, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Wikimania 2006 just closed its doors a week or so ago, and it is
>>already time to think about the next edition.
>>

>Actually, it was time to do that about six months ago.  We really need
>to be planning these things more aggressively.  In my opinion, we
>should know where the next year's Wikimania is going to be before we
>start the planning for the current year.

Good Point,

Greg mentioned this this morning as well this was a hot topic of
discussion that needed addressing.

A few suggestions I'll put on the main site:

Polynesian Language Institute, Hawaii
Sidney, Australia. (great place but very expensive for a lot of folks)
Vancouver, BC (vansterdam)
Salt Lake City, Utah (UofU)
Mexico City
Cayman Islands