[Foundation-l] Wikibooks texts and Wikiversity

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Tue Aug 15 19:43:52 UTC 2006

Craig Spurrier wrote:

>I would assume that they were referring to moving the content in the
>Wikiversity namespace (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikiversity). There
>is plenty of content that is not appropriate for Wikibooks in this
>namespace. AFAIK no one wants to delete actual textbooks from Wikibooks.
>
>The note on Wikibook's Wikiversity page states:
>"Material not in the "Wikiversity:" namespace should not be deleted off
>this server unless it has undergone an official transwiki AND it has
>been confirmed by Wikibookians that it does not meet Wikibooks'
>inclusion criteria."
>
>I believe this notice accurately reflects the views of the Wikibooks
>community.
>
>Craig

One admin on Wikibooks actually put a speedy delete on the Wikiversity
pages a few weeks ago, which was the reason for this notice.  I don't
know the motivation behind that, but I think it is more people just
trying to be anxious about moving stuff around and not knowing quite how
it was going to be accomplished.

--
Robert Scott Horning