[Foundation-l] Wikibooks texts and Wikiversity

Amgine amgine at saewyc.net
Tue Aug 15 18:57:25 UTC 2006

A comment in IRC yesterday raised a concern for me which I would like
to see addressed.

Cormac mentioned that he and Mr Horning had discussed moving
textbooks and curricula from en.Wikibooks to en.Wikiversity. He was
unsure if this meant the textbooks would be deleted from
en.Wikibooks, but he was sure any contributors who preferred working
on en.Wikibooks would be able to copy them back to that project.

This seems extremely odd to me, that deleting a textbook from
Wikibooks would even be contemplated. Educational materials are,
after all, the mission of the project. And dividing a textbook
between projects seems to be forking, both of the book in question
and the potential contributors as well, again something which should
not even be contemplated in my opinion.

Could the Wikiversity project please clarify this?

Amgine