[Foundation-l] bylaws (second call)

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Sun Aug 13 13:28:32 UTC 2006

On 8/13/06, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bylaws_update

The proposed bylaws do not at all mention the chapters.  Is this
intentional?  It's my understanding that chapters are not legally
affiliated with Wikimedia except that they license the use of certain
trademarks.  Is this correct?  And is this pretty much what everyone
wants?  What do Jimbo and Brad (apparently the two main proponents of
a non-membership organziation) think the role of chapters should be?

I think how chapters are going to be handled is very important when
formulating bylaws.  Of course that doesn't mean chapters have to be
mentioned in the bylaws, if the decision is for them to be treated
like any other trademark licensee.

Anthony