[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:37:25 UTC 2006

My English is very very very poor to write something, but I really need to
try it here. The point ins't the expenses for boarders. The point is what is
Wiki>>>M<<<edia (and not only Wikipedia, Wikipedia is only the most famous
project) is. Please, forgive the expenses question, Wikimedia ins't a travel
agency, Wikimedia is a Foundation devoted to Free Culture movement.

Some candidates in yours presentations appear to be in that election only to
give some important position in a famous website. Wiki>>>M<<<edia is so much
more than it and the boarder position is so much more than it. Please, read
again the full message from Anthere.

P.S.: Portuguese Wikipedia (my home wiki) periodically need to ask stressing
subjects to boarders (a community with 300 editor that don't have a
ArbCom committee).
I'm doubt if at least 50% of current candidates are ready to apply to a
position that lot's of anothers wikis need to listen periodically about lots
of subjects.