[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Aug 11 10:27:43 UTC 2006

Erik Zachte wrote:
> I concur with this entirely. We have enough dot com millionaires on the
> Board, and the Advisory Board might add some.

? We do not have any dot com millionaires on the board.
> What 'saddens' me however is the way Anthere was treated during the Board
> session last Sunday when the issue of paying board members was brought up.
> Jimbo made a casual remark to the effect of "(I'm not sure) we want to pay
> board members, besides it is not allowed by the bylaws" (paraphrasing here).

Well, it is not allowed, not just by our bylaws as I understand it, but
by the law.  This is not a matter of anyone treating Anthere in any bad way.

She mentioned specific expenses, expenses which the foundation can and
should reimburse.  She should request reimbursement for those.

--Jimbo