[Foundation-l] Willy on Wheels and ISP Reporting Changes

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Mon Aug 7 15:49:24 UTC 2006

Fred Bauder wrote:

>On Aug 7, 2006, at 8:09 AM, Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:
>

>>Dear Fred,
>>
>>He appears to be in the UK, not Canada as you mentioned.
>>
>>en.wikigadugi.org
>>
>>See recent changes for Willy's visit.
>>
>>I think this guy is one of your admins.   Here's his IP log for an ISP
>>report.  This is a good test of your new policy.  Since
>>this person is a bane not only on Wikimedia, but anyone on any
>>projects
>>supporting Wikimedia content, would be a good
>>test.
>>
>>80-195-236-221.cable.ubr02.hari.blueyonder.co.uk
>>
>>:-)
>>
>>Jeff
>>

>He's not editing Wikipedia from that address, but the ip is probably
>blocked due to past activities.
>
>Fred

I'll take the traces down then. If you need any more trace files on
Willy, let me know. I wanted to illustrate
what you can do with a forensic file system that not only captures
traffic, but does route discovery and detects
addresses behind proxies with modified cookies and other techniques. I
have some folks from the church who
use the wireless gateway and trace files to investigate porn usage in a
local neighborhood as well. The Wiki
Appliances come installed with DSFS by default, so you can track down
anyone doing site abuse.

Jeff