[Foundation-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Michael Davis mdavis at wikia.com
Thu Apr 20 15:15:12 UTC 2006

Kelly Martin wrote:
> I also find it very hard to believe that Erik was acting in good
> faith.  I remain utterly perplexed by many of the comments in this
> discussion, especially the ones from members of the Board, who I would
> normally expect to refrain from contradicting their valued employee so
> obviously; normally when a valued high-visibility employee makes a
> mistake (and I am not saying that Danny did) the public statement
> comes in the form of a carefully worded press release from the
> organization as an entity, not as offhand rebuking comments from
> random Board members, and normally the affected employee is informed
> in advance.  But I guess I'm used to a more professional approach from
> a leading non-profit organization.

Whatever statements have been made by Board members, including this
statement, are made by them as individuals and only carry whatever
authority the community deems appropriate for that individual.  And you
are right, a more professional organization would handle these matters
quite differently.

Michael