[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] Dutch chapter

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 21:45:05 UTC 2006

Hoi,
With some suprise I have seen from a distance a situation arise by
people who did not involve themselves during the setup of the Dutch
chapter. If anything I can vouch for the fact that one of the guiding
principles during the setup of the chapter was to maximise the
community aspect.

This idea of there being a group that secretly decide on "everyting
and the kitchen sink" is odd. The meetings have all been public. They
were all announced in advance and this suggestion is without a basis.
I am in an excellent position to vouch for this. I have been at
several of these meetings.

The cool thing is, a "vereniging" and even a "stichting" have been set
up. The preparations are being done so that there will be a
bank-account and that there can be members of the "vereniging". There
will be a meeting where members can do the member thing. I sincerely
hope that this will be an opportunity for people to meet in a
reasonable way and most definetly to start doing what a chapter is
ment for. Have an organisational background for the activities that we
want to do.

Thanks,
    GerardM