[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] Dutch chapter

Johan Bos skatinghacker at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 21:09:10 UTC 2006

I think the biggest problem is that a certain group of Dutch moderators take
decisions for example to block someone for a long time, without being
interested in the opinion of the community. Something there is some admin
power abuse done by that specific group of moderators. Now the case is that
most members of that specific group of moderators are active in the
foundation. The processes to form the foundation are very unclear and most
of the important decisions have been taken during IRL meetings. Only people
who visited those meetings had any influence at the forming of the
foundation and the association.

Now the danger is that members of the Dutch foundation take certain
decisions, maybe under pressure of a Dutch judge or organisation or maybe
just there own POV. And then they use there power to force their decision.
Abuse like that will be a serious risk when de foundation would get any
power.

A lot of Dutch Wikipedians feel that de Dutch foundation is trying to take
over the power at our Wikipedia and they are grumbling about it.

Greetings,

Johan Bos