[Foundation-l] Google Summer of Code

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Apr 14 21:01:44 UTC 2006

Google's doing their Summer of Code program again this year. We missed last
years', but I'm going to try signing us up as a mentoring organization this year.

Feel free to put any relevant-sounding project ideas here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2006

Mozilla's experience last year wasn't so good[1]; some of their projects didn't
complete, and most of them haven't been touched since the end of the summer.
Mono however had a much more positive experience[2], with most of their projects
completing and being further developed and adopted after the end.

So I think it will be important to try to engage the folks working on our
projects if we want to keep them. :)

[1]
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/gerv/archives/2006/03/summer_of_code_six_months_on.html

[2] http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2006/Apr-13.html