[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:35:38 UTC 2006

2006/4/4, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com>:

> If I look at the genesis of the French chapter, many people who had
> millions of opinions to give while the pages were on the French
> Wikipedia suddenly lost interest as soon as the Chapter was founded
> and they could finally *do* something with/within the Chapter. On the
> other hand, people who have an interest in organisational matters have
> found their way to Wikimedia France.

Polish chapter also started on meta, but we had put the information
about the discussion on all polish-writen Wikimedia project and there
was also discussion about it on wiki-pl-l e-mail list and IRC channel.
After establishing the chapter we have created our own wiki, which we
are trying to keep as open as possible - just few pages are blocked -
mainly with official documents, bank accounts and address information.
I think big mistake with some other chapter pages is that they are
completely blocked and very few people can edit it - there are no
place for free discussion even. Our experience is, that although our
wiki is almost as free for editing as Wikipedia there is very little
vandalism and many people - even not being our members help us to
maintain this wiki.

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ceti.pl/kganicz/poli/kontakt.html