[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

michael_irwin at verizon.net michael_irwin at verizon.net
Mon Apr 3 01:50:25 UTC 2006

Cormac Lawler wrote:

>Ah, right - that's definitely a point - that would apply to Wikimedia
>UK. But this is about people not_using_Meta, rather than
>Meta_itself_being_unusable. I'd really like more people to get
>involved on Meta, and as much as I link to pages from Wikipedia notice
>boards etc., only a small number actually come. And before anybody
>jumps on this and says "look, that's what we've been saying all along
>- Meta is unusable", I would say "well, i've been agreeing with you
>all along - Meta needs improvement". :-)

That is not necessarily a meta problem.  People do not like to waste
their time and energy being ignored.

Very few people are going to participate in a process that involves
yakking some trivia to death and then waiting breathlessly to see what
the Board or designated agents will decide all by themselves via secret
information, interests, and discussion without exhibiting much evidence
they even bothered to read the yak yak.

regards,
lazyquasar