[Foundation-l] A hearty welcome to Danny!

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Sep 18 17:27:53 UTC 2005

I am pleased to announce that Danny Wool has accepted my offer of a job
at the Wikimedia Foundation to be the Executive Assistant for the
foundation.  This job will primarily entail removing work from me so
that I can better focus on the parts of my job that I am best at.

Danny has extensive experience in the nonprofit sector and has been our
(volunteer) grant co-ordinator for some time.  I have worked with Danny
on many projects and we are an excellent working team with a fine
personal relationship.

It is envisioned that Danny's staff role as my assistant will be
temporary as he comes in and sets up professional systems for our work
and begins to look for a replacement Executive Assistant (sometime
within a year, depending on the flow of events) so that he can focus
more and more over time in writing grant proposals.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Assistant has a very very
cursory look at the position.

--Jimbo