Using 'publish this page' to develop WMF website content on Meta (was Re: [Foundation-l] a crazy idea...)

Dan Grey dangrey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 08:26:46 UTC 2005

On 10/09/05, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The current situation really is not good at all. I also agree that it is time
> for the MediaWiki help pages to move. A wiki just for MediaWiki should be
> set-up at mediawiki.org. The test junk should also be moved to one or more test
> wikis (test.mediawiki.org could be used to test developing MediaWiki features,
> while test.wikimedia.org could be used for the test wiki junk currently on
> meta).

mediawiki.org already exists, actually - and it's one of the
nicest-looking and most usable wikis around. Sadly though, a lot of
MediaWiki info is still on meta.

This gives rise to a problem I hate, which also happens on the WMF
wiki: one moment you're on mediawiki.org, you click a link, and
suddenly you're on a different website (meta). Eh?

Dan