[Foundation-l] Structure of Wikiversity (was Re: Using 'publish this page' )

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Sat Sep 10 16:13:59 UTC 2005

Fred Bauder wrote:

> $20  per term is quite modest, perhaps there is something to the
> corporate takeover I am missing. Signed up anyway and will try it. No
> doubt I will gain insight.
>
> Fred

As I said, the decision to start charging money was controvercial.  The
main reason for the money is for keeping a full-time registrar as they
are now issuing Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for the courses.  That
was a few year ago, and it still is a good organization.  I'm not trying
to slight them at all.  There is a general attempt to move toward formal
accrediation to issue college credits, but that is a much harder leap to do.

--
Robert Scott Horning