[Foundation-l] Re: new language policy

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Nov 22 09:42:49 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:

> My problem is that if we start a project because there are 10
> supporters, we sort of hope that a certain momentum will exist
> from the very beginning. When it actually turns out that only 1
> person is behind 10 supports... errrrr.... there is no momentum.

The simple solution would be to require them to start on
Wikicities (or some other external site) and gather, say, 500
articles (now, that *is* momentum), before their wiki is
"promoted" to a Wikipedia or Wiktionary in the new language, or
some other kind of official Wikimedia Foundation project.

I have no opinion on whether this is a *good* solution, but it's a
simple one.  I'm a technical guy, and appreciate simple solutions.
It would direct energy towards creating articles, rather than
creating sock puppets.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)