[Foundation-l] Wikinews is giving out press credentials

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Nov 9 21:55:00 UTC 2005

Lars Aronsson wrote:

>The interesting question is what happens when one Wikinews
>reporter abuses her credentials?  Say for example that you are let
>into a press conference, and there you start to throw eggs and
>tomatoes on the politician.  Who apologizes to the organizers?
>Who revokes the credentials for the reporter who misbehaved?  Who
>promises that this won't happen again?

The Wikinewsies revoke their credentials, of course.  We have a process
on Wikipedia (at least on en:) for removing Administrator access when
admins abuse it, so I see no reason why Wikinewsies can't remove
credentials from those who abuse them through a similar process.  If
it's some sort of dire emergency it can be temporarily done by fiat to
speed things up, of course (the way developers can de-admin someone
without waiting if it's a major problem).

-Mark