[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation website

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:35:55 UTC 2005

How is it beneficial to have personal essays that do not necessarily
reflect the views of the Foundation on the official Foundation website
rather than on Meta?

<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/It_is_forbidden_to_take_pictures%21>

If this is what the site is turning into, I'd rather go with earlier
suggestion (I think by Elian) of merging the foundation wiki with
Meta. Since the Quarto experiment has, as far as I can tell, been
abandoned, and press releases are scattered over the projects and meta
rather than being in any one "official" place, I'm less and less
seeing any point to this site. It doesn't reflect anything official,
and locks down editing for no benefit.

I no longer think an uneditable wiki is the best way to present the
Foundation to the world.

Angela.