[Juriwiki-l] Re: [Foundation-l] Trademark violation of our 'MediaWiki' mark

Dan Grey dangrey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:19:22 UTC 2005

On 31/10/05, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Dan Grey <dangrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It was crystal clear to me the very first time I read it that the
> > company are just offering MediaWiki installs in their hosting plans,
> > which afaik they're perfectly entitled to do.
>
> Then you should read it again. It clearly says that they are launching Media
> Wiki <full stop>. They can't launch something that already exists.

I've read it several times, thanks. If one tries to misread it hard
enough they'll come up with your interpretation; otherwise I think
people (especially the vaguely web-savvy who are likely the only
people who will see it) know exactly what they mean.

But if you care so much about this, have you written them a letter
yet? Or who are you expecting to do what?

Dan