[Foundation-l] Only non-commercial re-use od Wiki content?

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sat May 7 08:43:38 UTC 2005

> This sounds as though you're mixing up copyrights and moral rights.
> Copyright is an economic right.  Allowing all others to republish the
> work without paying royalties falls within that.  Demanding that you be
> shown as the author is a different thing.  Whether a "mutilation"
> damages your honour or good name would be an arguable question of fact.
> Parodies would not fall into that.

I don't understand your statement. The question was whether it was
possible to put some of your work in the public domain. Public domain
to me means "Anyone can use it however they like". The law says that
there are certain rights to the work that I cannot sign away. Thus, I
cannot put it in the public domain. I *can* allow others to republish
the work without royalties, but there are certain rights I cannot give
them.

Andre Engels