[Foundation-l] Colourblindness

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Jun 27 19:35:29 UTC 2005

rose.parks at att.net wrote:

>refers to the problem of distinguishing different types of links, which might be hard for the color blind. She says:
>
>"Sure this isnt really important..."
>
>I don't agree with this remark in any way. I think that the "accessibility" of our site is quite important. By Section 508 of our accessibility laws, the U.S. government is not allowed to use non-accessible computer software, applications, etc. Further, I believe it is morally right that our site be accessible.

I read that more as being not important not because we shouldn't care
about color-blind people, but because it's not particularly important
functionality.  Being able to distinguish between visited and
not-yet-visited links isn't necessary or even all that useful for
"accessibility" of the site.

-Mark