[Foundation-l] Elections 2005 - Report

Dariusz Siedlecki datrio at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:24:06 UTC 2005

Okay, this is a first part of the short report of the 2005 elections
to the Wikimedia Board of Trustees.

First of all, the most important for us, the translation. The election
notice has been translated to 28 languages, the majority of Wikimedia
users are probably aware of the election.

As for the candidates, it's not so good, but the major Wikimedia
languages are covered. The candidate statements are available in 14
different languages (actually, the translation to Zh and Ca of
Jussi-Ville Heiskanen is still needed), so that shouldn't be a
problem.

Now, we had one minor problem - it turned out we had to change the
requirements to vote from at least 400 edits on every project, to at
least 400 edits on ONE project. We weren't too happy about making a
change, but we all accepted it - it had to be done due to technical
issues.

Tim Starling has put the Election UI up for translation today, we hope
it'll get translated on major Wikipedias if not today, tomorrow or the
day after, when the local sysops will notice that a part of the page
is left in English.

Back to the technical issues - we aren't sure yet how the 1.5
migration will effect the election. Tim said everything will go okay,
but it has to be noted that the migration might not be finished until
midnight UTC time. If that will be the case, the elections will be
delayed for a few hours. It's nothing big to worry about, though.

And, finally, we have 5 candidates. Angela with Anthere are standing
for re-election, Arno Lagrange and Cimon avaro are running in the
elections again, and Francis Schonken is standing for the first time.

On behalf of the Election Officials, I wish everyone good luck!

--
Best regards and sorry for my broken English, I'm tired ;),
Darek "Datrio" Siedlecki