[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Poland

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:35:13 UTC 2005

> 1. From what I understand, Wikimedia Poland could either be a part of
> Foundation Wikimedia, or it could be a partner of it. What are the
> differences between the two, and what would be better for the
> foundation in the end?

I'm not sure what this option means. I believe that Wikimedia Poland
should be a local chapter, which means it would be affiliated with the
Wikimedia Foundation, but not legally responsible for anything within
the Foundation.

> 2. Some of the Polish Wikipedia users had plan to gain money for
> Wikipedia by selling custom t-shirts (just like on CafePress), etc.
> Would it be possible for us to make an agreement by which we could
> gain money for our chapter in this way?

Yes, you'll need to create a contract for use of the trademarks.

> 3. Again a question related with money - we'll forward a part of our
> income to the Foundation for the servers and any other administrative
> tasks, but the question is - should we forward a specified amount
> monthly/yearly (like 10.000 Euro per year) or a percentage of our
> total income?

Assuming both are legal in Poland, this is up to your chapter to decide.

> 4. One of the Wikimedia Chapter pages mentions that the local chapter
> should have at least 20 members on start. The Polish law states we
> need 15 members. Would it be okay if we'd start the chapter with 15
> members (as probably that much will come to the founding meeting) and
> then apply the other members as for membership?

20 was just a suggestion since that would assure there is enough
interest, but if you think you have 15 people all very willing to work
on this, then that should be enough.

> I think that's all for now. We should have a draft of the bylaws soon
> posted in Polish, and we'll be ready to send them to the foundation in
> the third week of July. If there won't be any objections, we'll start
> Wikimedia Poland in the middle of August.

That sounds great.

Angela.