[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Poland

Dariusz Siedlecki datrio at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:30:25 UTC 2005

One could say we're starting serious work on the Polish local chapter.
Therefore, I wanted to ask the foundation a couple of things.

1. From what I understand, Wikimedia Poland could either be a part of
Foundation Wikimedia, or it could be a partner of it. What are the
differences between the two, and what would be better for the
foundation in the end?
2. Some of the Polish Wikipedia users had plan to gain money for
Wikipedia by selling custom t-shirts (just like on CafePress), etc.
Would it be possible for us to make an agreement by which we could
gain money for our chapter in this way?
3. Again a question related with money - we'll forward a part of our
income to the Foundation for the servers and any other administrative
tasks, but the question is - should we forward a specified amount
monthly/yearly (like 10.000 Euro per year) or a percentage of our
total income?
4. One of the Wikimedia Chapter pages mentions that the local chapter
should have at least 20 members on start. The Polish law states we
need 15 members. Would it be okay if we'd start the chapter with 15
members (as probably that much will come to the founding meeting) and
then apply the other members as for membership?

I think that's all for now. We should have a draft of the bylaws soon
posted in Polish, and we'll be ready to send them to the foundation in
the third week of July. If there won't be any objections, we'll start
Wikimedia Poland in the middle of August.

If the Foundation has any questions or comments, I'll be happy to
listen to them and forward them to our community.

--
Best regards,
Dariusz "Datrio" Siedlecki