[Foundation-l] Wikimania Program

Jakob Voss jakob.voss at nichtich.de
Tue Jun 14 08:29:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

Wikimania's call for papers has concluded, and the Program Committee has
finished reviewing the submissions. Almost 90 proposals for
presentations, workshops, papers, and posters were submitted and almost
60 were accepted as part of the official program. We are currently
notifying all authors - this may take a while because the organising
team is rather small and we are not using a special software for
conference planning (for instance Pentabarf) but a wiki.

We are currently soliciting volunteers to help edit the official
conference proceedings, hosted by Wikibooks[1].  In true Wiki form, the
proceedings will be open to editing by anyone, but we're looking for a
few reliable people to oversee the process.  We also need a few
volunteers to liaise with the authors of accepted papers and assist with
program coordination.  If either of these tasks interests you, please
add yourself at wikibooks and contact cfp at wikimedia.org or find us in
#wikimania on Freenode.

Greetings,
Jakob